COLLECTION ONLY - 20kg bags. Caledonian Top Dressing is a high quality multipurpose lawn dressing designed to improve your lawns appearance and stimulate new grass growth. Mixed from a blend of 70% fine sand and 30% peat free compost Caledonian Top Dressing will enhance the look of your lawn, create a level surface and improve drainage. Caledonian Lawn Dressing can also be used in a turf base application prior to laying turf.
Caledonian Horticulture produce a range of Peat-free horticultural products at their composting sites in South-East Scotland.
• Top dressing can be applied anytime the grass is actively growing.
• Spread top dressing when the grass is relatively dry and work it in using the back of a rake or stiff brush until no obvious clumps remain and the grass is clearly visible.
• Spreading at 4kg per m2 at 3mm deep is recommended in the spring/autumn. In drier summer conditions a lesser spreading rate of 2kg per m2 at 1.5mm deep is recommended and will assist routine maintenance of worn areas.
• Best results are achieved with an application of Caledonian Top Dressing following scarifying, aeration or overseeding of the lawn.
• Water the lawn thoroughly following application and do not mow immediately after application.
"I just love the new farm shop... full of fantastic local produce and the best eggs pork and lamb ever! Delighted to have this amazing produce available on our doorstep ...... and you always get service with a smile too! Just love it!"