COLLECTION ONLY - 40 litre bags. Caledonian Kelpie Compost provides all the characteristics needed for the successful growth of plants in a wide variety of growing situations. This unique high performing soil improver is produced using a variety of seaweeds found in the cold, clean, nutrient rich waters of the North Sea. The seaweed is harvested locally from beaches on the South East Coast of Scotland and, as such is an entirely renewable resource. It contains over 80 minerals, essential trace elements, vitamins and natural plant growth hormones including Cytokinins, which stimulate plant growth.
Caledonian Horticulture produce a range of Peat-free horticultural products at our composting sites in South-East Scotland.
Benefits of using kelpie compost include:
● Enhanced soil texture and moisture retention
● Increased levels of organic matter
● Increased nutrients reducing fertilizer requirements
● Addition of soil micro-organisms and fungi which may help suppress soil-bourne populations of some plant diseases
● Reduction of soil compaction and erosion
● Improved plant survival and growth
"I just love the new farm shop... full of fantastic local produce and the best eggs pork and lamb ever! Delighted to have this amazing produce available on our doorstep ...... and you always get service with a smile too! Just love it!"